This post is getting quite a bit of views lately and I feel like a fraud. You guys. I didn’t even last a freaking 24hrs on Paleo. I just couldn’t do it. It’s not who I am. I have loads of friends who have done it successfully and absolutely LOVE it, but I just can’t fit it into my lifestyle. If you’d like me to point you to them, I’d be happy to do it!
I ended up following the Shaklee 180 program, you can check out my progress here. I am starting a new challenge group in January to help get people back on track. I have now kept off the weight I’ve lost for a year and I have never felt better. It’s still a daily progress to stay consistent but it’s all totally worth it and WAY easier than when I first started. Let me help you get started!
Thanks so much you guys!
Oh my gosh.
I can’t believe I’m even writing this.
I am regretting it already but I just need challenges to keep me focused.
We are going to Italy with my inlaws in about 6 wks & I need a PUSH to get me strong, fit & healthy before I indulge in pizza, pasta & wine. (but it’s in Italy so it’s okay right?!!)
If you’re like me, I tend to get side tracked. I do great for a while and then 1 day can get me down & blah. So I’m thinking I will just have to go cold turkey and do it. I am pretty sure there will be lots of winging (that’s whining for you americans), lots of complaints & I’m pretty sure I may even throw a 3yr old tantrum.
I’ll be damn proud of myself afterwards & I’m pretty sure I’ll see some great results too! (please excuse my use of the word ‘damn’, I never use that word but i have a dear friend who loves it & well she’s rubbed off on me – damn you jessica!)
I’ll be posting all my rants on the The Momma Bird Facebook Page. We can share pictures of our recipes/workouts and our progress too!
Here’s a visual on the actual plan:
Image Source: Jane’s Healthy Kitchen
- I will be allowing all fruits/veggies & sweet potatoes. I will also be using grass-fed butter if I need to.
- I will use bacon/sausage sparingly & will try to find nitrate/sugar free (although I haven’t had luck over here in the UK) I have only found nitrate free sausage.
- I will also still have my Shaklee 180™ shakes. These are “processed” but they are very nutritious and they have helped me on this weight loss journey so I’ll continue with it.
As for exercise, I’ll be doing my squat & arm challenges still (you can find those on my TMB Facebook page) and incorporating more CrossFit instead of running (although I do love running for stress relief). I will be trying to do some form of exercise at least every day, I will just have a “light” day instead of a “rest” day.
I think the HARDEST part is going to be my morning coffee & afternoon tea without sugar/dairy. If I’m being honest, I’m not sure I am willing to give that up only because I know it’s something that I truly enjoy & don’t see giving up for the rest of my life. Also. Chocolate. I will probably have dreams about swimming in it.
I totally feel like I’m rambling on but there’s SOOO much that will go into this. I will have to do some major planning for my grocery trips & I won’t be putting my kids on this but WILL be eliminating processed snacks to make things easier. What helps the most is that hubby will be away at a class for the next 6 wks so it works out perfectly! (he would not survive on paleo lol)
I will be posting a before/after image after the challenge is over & I hope you all will too!
How I will help you through the challenge:
- I will be posting my personal workout each day to help give you ideas on what to do.
- I will post my meals for the week.
- I will post links to various sites give you ideas for meals/workouts.
- I will encourage you to keep going strong.
- I will complain with you on how terrible it is.
- I will jump for joy with you when we start seeing results!
- We will be in this together!!
Have you done a Paleo challenge before?
What were your struggles?
How did you succeed?