This is my typical lunch these days. I change up the seasonings & add mushrooms if I have any on hand. It’s a simple, delicious & very healthy meal. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1/2 small jar of roasted peppers (or about 1/3C with 1/4C of the juice)
- 1 cup chicken stock/broth or 1tsp chicken granules with 1 C water
- 2 tsp. Penzeys Mural of Flavor* or Shallott Pepper Seasoning*
- 1 Tbsp EVOO (olive oil)
- Optional additions: zucchini, mushrooms, onions
- Heat olive oil in pan.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1tsp seasoning, brown chicken in pan.
- Once chicken is browned on both sides, add in roasted peppers, juice & chicken stock/broth
- Cover & cook chicken on medium heat for 10-15minutes, or until done.
- Remove chicken, set on plate and let sit for a few minutes.
- Add spinach leaves to pan with peppers & sauce.
- Cut up chicken breast and add to pan.
- Cook chicken, spinach & peppers UNCOVERED for about 10 minutes. You want the sauce to reduce so it becomes more like a rich gravy (just not thick like gravy). The longer you cook the sauce down the more deep of a flavor you will get. If you are worried about the chicken being overcooked, just wait until the sauce has greatly reduced and then add in your cut up chicken.
- Put on plate and moan about how delicious it is while being so fantastically healthy.
*If you don’t have Penzey’s spices, you need to get on that. But, if you don’t want to jump on the most fantastic spice company ever, then here are the ingredients for the spices I use:
Mural of Flavor ingredients: shallots, onion, garlic, thyme, rosemary, basil, coriander, lemon peel, citric acid, black pepper, chives, green peppercorns, dill weed, and orange peel
Shallott Pepper Seasoning ingredients: coarse salt, Tellicherry black pepper, shallots, tarragon and bay leaves